Sunday, February 8, 2009

Who Likes Soy Sauce?




After all the other posts I did on Brownie and how horrible he was as a puppy. Well guess what? I went and got another lab! This time black though...not chocolate. As you saw in a previous post, I was wanting a golden retriever. But after talking to my vet and other retriever owners, I decided to go with the lab. THey are good pets, but I decided to grab a lab. I knew I wanted black or golden so Brownie and the new puppy would look different. I checked out tons of ads in the paper and even the same breeder that Brownie came from. I decided against it because of price and I wasn't impressed with the litters they had (plus look what I got with a pure-bred Brownie). I found a guy 5 minutes from my house who had 1 black lab girl left. The vet said a girl was better with a boy because of the whole alpha male thing. Men! So I went and saw her and of course I had to get her....6 1/2 weeks old...adorable....loving....and playful. We paid for her but got her 4 days later because we had already planned our 1st anniversary weekend away this past weekend. I told Eric I'd behave and not ask to go home early to get her and for the most part I did behave. We picked her up today and she's sooooooooo cute. She's doing pretty well so far with the potty training thing. She was so scared to leave at first because she had been with her mom, dad, and brothers/sisters since she was born. She has quickly adjusted and loves laying in my lap. She's sleeping right next to me on the bed right now. We'll see how she does her first night in her crate. I'm not anticipating a lot of sleep. I'd let her sleep with me, but Eric's not a big fan. As far as her name goes when I found out we were going to get her I started to make a list of different girl names for a black dog: onyx, cauldron, batter (like brownie batter), jayd, jaden, oreo, cupcake, and soy sauce. I wanted a name that dealt with food to match Brownie. Too bad I didn't get two puppies at once. I wouldn've named one Louis and the other Vitton. Soy Sauce stuck with me. I think it's hilarious, cute, and original. So that's why she's soy sauce. Brownie was kind of crazy at first when we introduced them, but after he got used to her smell he started to calm down. We let both of them in the house and gave them each a bone and they relaxed together. It'll take some time but they'll be bestest friends.

3 comments:

  1. Louis Vitton! You crack me up!!! Soy Sauce is very cute! How was the anniversary? Did Kim survive the girls??? Buy you ticket!!!! Kim beat you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louis Vitton would've been great! You could always name her Louis, so when you get another puppy NEXT year you can name it Vitton. Soy Sauce is so cute and I am still laughing at the name, it's great. Good luck with Soy Sauce. I have to admit, I kind of cringed when I heard about you waking up so early with Soy. You know about Rufus, so you know why. Have fun and enjoy the sweet "baby" years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute pup! Hopefully Brownie will be well behaved and set a good example! Maybe that's just what Brownie needed - was a little friend. Have fun with little Soy!

    ReplyDelete