Friday, February 13, 2009





This week has been a small reminder of what it would be like to have another baby. My response to that is NO THANK YOU! Soy Sauce is wearing me out. I love her so much and she is, knock on wood, a good dog. She loves to cuddle while she sleeps, eats like it's her last meal, enjoys tug-of-war, and has very sharp teeth. I didn't get to spend this much time with Brownie when he was a puppy because I was working (perhaps there in lies the reason he is how he is), but Soy Sauce and I have spent numerous hours together this week. She went with me to the bank drive-thru, In-N-Out, to pick up Kala from school, and even to buy Kala's cotillion dress. I stood outside the store. I've begun the process of crate training her but since she's so small I'm starting at just one hour. So far she's done pretty well. Most the time when I come home from an errand or Kala's gymnastics, she's stretching and yawning so I believe I've woken her up upon my return. She loves Brownie. I'll let him in and they'll fight, playfully, over toys. She'll snap at him and try to bite/wrestle him. It's very funny. Brownie does great with her. The main issue is is he's running around he might step on her because of their size difference. Once she gets bigger, they'll do great. We can't leave her in the back yard alone yet because we need to clean it up. There are bits of chewed up balls, hose, and other items Brownie graced his presence upon over the months. She'll choke on that stuff. Eric said he'd work on that this weekend while I'm visiting my sister, Sally, and her family. I'm ready for a few days of rest but I'll miss Eric!!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun at Sally's. I gusee you visit the sister's you really love! Cute pictures of Soy Sauce. I think she'd look better with a cone on her head. It's done wonders for Mimi.

    ReplyDelete