Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Family Member of the Week

We started a new deal in our household called 'Family Member of the Week.' Each week one person is the person of the week. On the chalkboard in the laundry room, that person writes down 3 activities they'd like to do sometime during the week (can't cost money) and one meal they would like prepared. Taylor was it first 3 weeks ago. She picked wrestling, swimming, playing w/dogs inside, & skirt steak for the meal. The deal is Eric & I pick 2 of the activities and circle them sometime during the week and then write next to the meal which day we will have it. We circled wrestling and playing with dogs (it was too cold a few weeks ago to swim but not anymore!) and we decided to have skirt steak on Sat. night. THe next week no one was "it" because Kala & I were in the Bahamas; I was enjoying what I wanted to do! Kala was it last week. She wrote down swimming, take photos on our Mac computer, watch Wonder Pets (some Nickelodeon show), and spaghetti tacos for the meal. We circled swimming and photos. We had spaghetti tacos on Sat night. She got the idea from an episode of ICarly (Nickelodeon). They weren't as bad as I was expecting. It's what it sounds like....you take a taco shell, put in some spaghetti, then add the meat sauce on top. We each had one and it was decent. After that I ate just plain spaghetti without the shell, but it was fun to try. We ended up swimming both days this weekend because it was 105 and sooooooooo hot! We took photos Sunday night and we couldn't stop laughing. For those of you who've never used a Mac, it has a program called photo booth and you can do different styles of photos. We took almost a hundred pics and made a few videos. I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. At the end, we took photos where it did 4 in a row. Each person would yell out a word and we had to pose that way....sexy, mad, babyish, model, happy, sad, etc. I'm including the photo of us finding out some really good news. We also did the roller coaster one. I'm pretending to throw up, Taylor acts like she flew off the ride, and Kala & Eric are just riding for fun. This week Eric is the person of the week. He has yet to put up his activities, but it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with! This means I'm the person next week. I'm already formulating ideas in my head for some fun, unique things (:










3 comments:

  1. So funny! I like the distorted one. When does Kala get the braids out. I love that feeling after you take braids out. That's gonna feel sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She took her braids out 2 days ago. She started taking them out at 7:20 am. I thought we were going to be late for school but we made it. Her hair was poofy. If we weren't in such a hurry, I would've taken her pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys sure know how to have fun!! I love the idea of someone being "it" each week. FUNNY pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete