Monday, June 1, 2009

Surprise Trip

On Thursday Eric & I decided to take a quick trip somewhere fun. Disneyland? Nah need more than one day. Magic Mountain? Nah we were sick of that. Sea World? Nah too far and we've done that tons. How about Knott's Berry Farm! I haven't been there since I was about 10 and Eric hadn't been in about 7 years. So we told the girls to pack a bag, but didn't tell them why. We left Saturday around noon and started driving south. THey kept asking for hints. At Magic Mountain we got off the exit so they started going "Oooh Magic Mountain!" but then Eric got right back on the freeway and I said, "The hint is it's NOT Magic Mountain." I'm funny! So we kept driving and when we got to Knott's it didn't even really hit them until I said, "It's Knotts!. When I was about 10 my parents woke us up one morning and told us to get dressed because we were going hiking in the mountains. We were all so grouchy and angry. So we dressed in grungy clothes and they drove us to Mgc. Mtn. We were kind of excited but I remember my older sisters, yah you Susan, getting even more upset because they weren't dressed appropriately for Magic Mountain (teens have to look good at all times!). Luckily the girls were never grouchy and were good sports all the time. Good for them because Eric won't have any of that and he would've driven straight home. Back to our story-we stayed at the Knotts Hotel Saturday nights. We swam, ate dinner at Fuddruckers, and rented a movie in the hotel room. Sunday morning we got to Knotts at 10 when it opened and played all day. The park was empty and it was overcast with a slight chill. This is perfect since Fresno has been in the 100's and 90's, plus we don't like theme parks when it's super hot. We got to ride all the rides we wanted and some of them twice. We left around 5:00 to make it home for bedtime. The girls played, giggled, & watched movies in the backseat and were never grouchy. That's why I love that they aren't babies!!!!! THe one pic of us at the top of a huge drop on a waterslide was my idea. It was the biggest drop I've ever done. We got soaked but luckily we had extra sweatshirts (Eric's idea). It was a great trip, for a great price, and was tons of fun!! I must add-Eric is lucky he didn't get kicked out of the park! Most roller coasters take your picture sometime during the ride. When the ride finished Eric couldn't stop laughing. When I saw our picture I figured out why. He had lifted his shirt up all the way. Of course we had to buy that picture and it's on our fridge. I'm screaming, Taylor's arms are up in the air, Kala's making a silly face, and my husband (I'm so proud) is lifting his shirt up to reveal all. He said there was something on the news about how at Disneyland bunch of girls have been doing that and they are trying to stop it (luckily my husband isn't revealing what girls would be). It was funny and even the picture guy was laughing.








1 comment:

  1. Oh come on! Where is the indecent pic of Eric????? Sounds like fun. I am sure it was Kim who complained.

    ReplyDelete