Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer Challenge

Call it my New Year's Resolution for the summer, but I have challenged myself to read all the Harry Potter books this summer. I don't think it will be a huge challenge since I love to read and everyone I've spoken with liked the books. People look at me weird when I say I've never read the books. "You're an English teacher and you've never read Harry Potter!?!" First of all, it's not like we teach Harry Potter in the school and secondly, call me rebellious (my parents did!), but because it was such a popular fad I kind of strayed away from it. I'm weird that way. Somethings that become so much a part of pop culture turn me off and others I dive right into. Who knows why? Anyway, the though crossed my mind to read them and once I think of doing something I usually do it (therefore lies many of my mistakes in life!). This will not be a mistake though. I'm not buying them all because most my siblings or their kids have them. I borrowed #1 from my brother, Kent, last night and read half before bed. Luckily, Eric was in LA so he wasn't ignored. So far, I like it! Also, the last movie comes out, I think, in July so that can be my reward if I finish the books. I also must admit I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies. The previews terrify Kala and she's never wanted to read those books, let alone any book. I've seen bits and pieces of some of the movies when I've been at my sister's house, but I've never sat down and actually watched one. So it'll go book #1-movie #1, book #2-movie #2, etc. Good thing I'm not working this summer (:

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! I want to read them again! I'm still on the Host. Then my Sister's Keeper.

    ReplyDelete