Sunday, August 29, 2010

Kala's 1st Meet



Kala had her first gymnatics meet in Sacramento this weekend. It was so much fun! She was nervous, but she used that energy to pull together some good routines. She scored 9.1 bars (2nd place), 8.55 beam (3rd place), 8.7 floor (6th place), and a 8.85 on vault. Total she earned a 35.2 all around which earned her 3rd place! Plus her team won 1st place. It was wonderful to watch her and we are so proud of her! I kind of like it better than her cheer competitions too It's quieter and we get to watch her compete multiple times rather than sit around then watch for 2 minutes then sit around. I was a horrible mom and forgot the video camera and my good camera. Then I realized my small, purse-sized camera had a dead battery. Go mom! Luckily, I have an iPhone. The pics aren't as great but it's better than nothing. Her next meet is in 2 weeks in Elk Grove We can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Go Kala!!! She takes after her mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She takes after her awesome Auntie! Way to go Mahkala!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Krysta and Susan you're funny. I was thinking the same thing as Krysta, but maybe she does have some her Auntie Susan's mad skills! Soooo many medals! That's so awesome Kala.

    ReplyDelete