Sunday, August 8, 2010

I Get an F







One of my goals for the summer...weekly blogs. LOL Well I failed that goal! I did many other things I wanted...fix up the backyard, remodel the girls' room, catch up around the house, go to the beach, shop for new clothes, see tons of movies, sleep in, read tons of fun books, and spend time with my family. The other goal I had was to cook dinner most nights. That makes me LOL as well. I've come to the realization that I'm not a cook nor shall I try to be. I have improved on how much we spend when eating out. I have reverted to an all cash system. I pay bills via check then my grocery and misc. money I pull out of an ATM. Once it's gone, it's gone. This made me realize very quickly how much I spend. The first 2 weeks I tried it, I ran out very fast! Yay for credit cards. So I'm on my 3rd trial of all cash and it's going much better :) I go back to work a week from tomorrow. WHAT!?! I know! It's crazy. I long for the days when school started the day after Labor Day, not 3 weeks before. It's too hot and it's still summer! Oh well--I'm lucky to have a job, good benefits, and the most vacation time of any other profession I know. So here are some pics from recent trips: day trip to Carmel with the kids to eat at Bubba Gumps and play on the beach and a bday trip to Santa Cruz (sans kids!) where we walked the boardwalk, relaxed on the beach, ate at some delicious restaurants, and I received an iPad for the big 3-2. How did I get this old!?!

1 comment:

  1. Old? Try turning 37! Holy cow! Fun times. Wiah I could've been there.

    ReplyDelete