Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy July

Happy 4th of July. July? NOOOOOOOOOOO! That means summer is moving by too fast :( We don't want school to start yet. Stupid Target already has their back-to-school stuff out. What is wrong with them? I feel like I should sue them or something. They are bringing my happiness down. 4th of July was the best this year! Eric's brother, Joe, and his family came to stay with us for 5 days. Colton is 2 3/4 and Sylvia is 9 months. They were a lot of fun. Sylvia is so cuddly and sweet and Colton is hilarious. He is so talkative and he understands so much. He loves going to get snowcones and run errands with Auntie Stephanie. He also does not enjoy being at the lake if he can't ride the jetski with Uncle Eric! We went to the lake one day and rode jetskis and went on Dennis' new boat. I wanted to learn to wakeboard so bad, but I couldn't get up. Boy was I sore the next day! I did manage to kneeboard, but I did that all the time growing up so I don't feel as though I achieved much. Kala tried to kneeboard as well. It was a lot of fun. The weekend was tons of fun: BBQ's, dinner for David's 14th b-day, swimming, park, snowcones, and, of course, FIREWORKS! Joe's family lives down south where they cannot have fireworks, so this was a special treat. Colton loved watching them go off, but his favorite was the pop-its you throw. He'd laugh every time one would pop. If it didn't work, he'd run over and step on it. It was a fun, safe holiday which is the best. *Our dogs, Soy Sauce & Brownie, came outside to watch as well. Soy Sauce is a big baby and kept crawling in my lap and hiding her head. Mind you-she's a 50 lb lab!!















1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I can't wait for school to start, I already bought Alexi's backpack! Fun times! I can't believe you said it was the best 4th of July. What about all the ones at Dad's when I was there?????

    ReplyDelete